Client InteractionPre-Detail Interaction
- Client calls or emails initiating a detail request.
- The department’s dedicated account reps field the request. Each department has at least one primary and one secondary (backup) account rep. EDS does not utilize a random call center approach. If the department has an MOU and/or COI requirement of clients, EDS assures all documents are agreed to and provided.
- Incoming requests are handled 24/7.
- Account rep has all rates/rules/ local map, client history on-screen before call is answered. Account reps ensure department rules are followed.
- Repeat client details (same thing as last month…) can be auto-populated making for very efficient client call.
- Gray area requests are discussed with designated department contact on an as needed/batch mode.
Pre-Detail Web Interaction
- Recurring clients have the ability to set up an “account” from which they can submit web-based detail requests.
- Requests are reviewed and handled by primary/secondary account reps.
- Clients have the opportunity to provide EDS with feedback on any aspect of the completed detail.
- Feedback from the Officer(s) or department is communicated/ discussed with the Client and/or department as needed and desired.
SchedulingDetail Posting and Sign-Up
- EDS account reps enter pertinent information into the scheduling portal: location, date, times, detail expectations, client, etc.
- “Open detail” notification is posted in accordance with department rules…
- … postings can be viewed upon sign-on by individual Officer and/or “pushed” to Officers via email and/or text (Officer’s choice) in the event of last minute needs.
- Officers sign up also according to department rules (ie, new details can be offered by tenure, date of last off-duty engagement, all-at-once, etc.). Details can also be assigned based on officer self-stated availability.
- Officers signing up for details are verified against department rules (ie, have not signed up for more than 20 hours of off-duty work that week, etc.) and informed via email/text of their assignment which contains all pertinent information including expandable map if needed.
- Details are scheduled, or assigned, in accordance with department protocol: whether first come first served, a point-based system, by tenure/ rank, a static or live- rotation list, a pick list, a combination of methods, etc.
Detail Confirmation and Review
- Officers receive reminder email/text prior to detail.
- Officers have ability to sign-in/out via computer or mobile confirming detail attendance.
- Department leadership can view real-time on-line reports of detail prior, present and future schedules customized by any time period and filtered by Client, Officer, detail type and several of methods.
- Rates are set by department; Clients are invoiced according to department timing requirements: prior to detail, day of detail, week of, etc.
- Clients can be invoiced via hardcopy or PDF email.
- All Client payments flow through EDS to ensure proper transparency and reporting.
- EDS takes full responsibility for Client payment and invoicing. The department has no involvement or need to engage/ spend time on invoicing.
- EDS ensures the complete flow of payments is transparent and properly tracked.
- Officers are paid either through the current department process or directly from EDS on a weekly basis.
Financial Risk Mitigation
- Extra Duty Solutions finances the float: EDS pays officers / department the week of detail and collects payment from the client.
- The officers and department do not have to wait, incur costs, nor tie up budget waiting for clients to pay.
- Extra Duty Solutions accepts the credit risk: If the client fails to pay, EDS accepts the loss. Officers get paid regardless of collections success or timing.
Legal Risk Mitigation
- Extra Duty Solutions protects all off duty officers with full professional/ general liability and optional occupational hazard insurance:
- Liability insurance issued through Hiscox and underwritten by Lloyd’s of London.
- Our insurance specifically protects both W2 and 1099 armed workers acting in a security capacity and includes waiver of subrogation for our police departments and their officers.
- Well beyond standard liability, our insurance encompasses damage to premises, K-9s, assault and battery, no-fault medical pay coverage, automobile coverage, data and privacy breach coverage, and physical/ financial/ data theft and crime coverage.
- Worker’s Compensation insurance can also be provided if needed.